The 5-day training course, organized by IOM, brought together 25 social auditors and experts to learn about IOM’s International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS). The training introduced participants to the IRIS Certification scheme, audit process, the IRIS standard, as well as tools and methodologies to plan and deliver management systems social audits of recruitment agencies and labour recruiters. The participants' enthusiasm and diverse experience contributed to a successful training session.
This training will bring together social auditors and experts interested in cross-border recruitment auditing practice to learn about IOM’s International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS). The training will focus on the IRIS Certification and audit process, the IRIS standard, as well as the skills and knowledge necessary to conduct IRIS-based management system audits of recruitment agencies. Completing the training and passing the exam are among the pre-conditions for professional auditors seeking official IRIS Auditor qualifications.
The International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS) is a global initiative that is designed to promote ethical international recruitment. It has been created by IOM and a coalition of government, private sector and civil society partners.
IRIS identifies and supports ethical international recruitment by:
• defining and setting a benchmark for ethical recruitment – ‘the IRIS Standard’;
• establishing a voluntary certification process for international recruiters and a list of ‘certified ethical labour recruiters’, aimed at helping employers and workers make more informed decisions about recruitment;
• ensuring that the IRIS Standard is being maintained by certified recruiters through a monitoring and compliance mechanism.
The training is organized by IOM under the Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking (CREST) and the International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS) initiatives.
It aims to provide participants with:
• general knowledge about IRIS and the IRIS certification scheme
• technical knowledge of requirements of the IRIS Standard
• tools and methodologies to plan and deliver management systems social audits of recruitment agencies and labour recruiters.
Presentations, discussions and group exercises. Exam is conducted on day 5.
The training is open to social auditors, ethical recruitment experts/specialists involved in international recruitment auditing. This training and passing the exam is mandatory for those seeking certification as an IRIS auditor.
NO. OF PARTICIPANTS
The training will be limited to 15 participants. Admission will be free of charge and on a first come first served basis.
*FREE OF CHARGE
**LUNCH AND COFFEE BREAK PROVIDED
***TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION ARE NOT PROVIDED
Day 1 & 2 – 10:00-16:00
• Session 1 - Introduction
Day 3 – 10:00-16:00
• Session 8 - IRIS Management System
Day 4 – 10:00-16:00
• Session 9 - Unpacking the IRIS Standard Requirements and Interpreting the IRIS Standard Control Points (cont.)
Day 5 – 10:00-14:00