What is CREST?
IOM's Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking (CREST) is a regional partnership initiative that aims to realize the potential of business to uphold the human and labour rights of migrant workers in their operations and supply chains.
To enable business and regional actors to increasingly respect and promote the human and labour rights of women and men migrant workers, in key industries and supply chains in Asia.
- Increased access to ethical recruitment channels and services for migrant workers.
- Eradication of fees charged to migrant job seekers.
- Widespread employment practices that guarantee transparent terms, conditions and remedies for migrant workers.
Foundation for CREST
- IRIS standard for ethical recruitment
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Dhaka Principles for Migration with Dignity
- IOM Private Sector Partnership Strategy
- Tested Methodologies and Field Experience
With the support from the Regional Development Cooperation Section of the Embassy of Sweden in Thailand and the IOM Development Fund, IOM CREST covers the Asian region, working across key labour migration corridors.
IOM CREST is developed and implemented in alignment with the Strategy for Sweden’s regional development cooperation in Asia and the Pacific region 2016–2021.